Monday, March 2, 2009

40 Days to Live

Yesterday my pastor, John Tyler, began a 40 day countdown of the final days of Christ. He has provided the congregation a study guide with a passage to read, questions to contemplate, and life changes to make for the next 40 days. The Lord willing, I intend to blog my responses each day. Some things may be too personal to post, but I plan to post what I can each day.

Day 40 - Change the Way You Pray - Luke 11:1-13

Father, help me to constantly remember that you are sovereign.
As your child and servant, I need to seek and submit to Your will.
Daily, may I be thankful for your provision for me.
Physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, I can count on You to fill.
As I wake in the morning, may I submit to You
My expectations, my hopes, and my dreams.
May I extend forgiveness as You've forgiven me.
May my love for others and Your Kingdom on earth be extreme.
With bold humility may I pray, Holy God,
until Your answer You make clearly known.
May I live in the spirit of prayer at all times,
boldly approaching your throne.
Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, O Lord,
That I might drawer nearer to You.
May others see Jesus as I walk through this world
In all that I say, all that I am, and all that I do.

No comments: