Thursday, March 5, 2009

40 Days to Live

Day 36 - Luke 12:1-12 - Fear God Alone

Too many times I fail to share Jesus with someone because of fear. Fear of failure, fear of misunderstanding, fear of unacceptance. Somehow it is ingrained in me to worry about what others think. When I do this, I am fearing man. I subscribe to a monthly publication from Voice of the Martyrs. In it I read of brothers and sisters in Christ who have been beaten, burned, tortured because of their proclamation of the Word; and yet they continue to share Jesus to their own peril. How do I dare to tread lightly in a country where I am free to share?! These Christians know what it means to fear God and not man. They truly understand that man may kill their bodies, but God preserves their souls.

Father, you know me intimately,
my inmost thought as well as what I say.
You know I desire to be bold in You.
Help me to do so, I pray.
Remind me that you have the power
to preserve me through any trial.
You remember each tiny sparrow,
and I know You'll take care of Your child.
Lord, rid me of this fear of men;
and help me to fear only You.
Let me boldly proclaim the love of Christ
in all that I say and do.

No comments: