Friday, April 10, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 0

Luke 23 - Be Crucified with Christ - Galatians 2:20

LIVE IT: From this day forward, die to yourself every day.

Is Christ’s anguish on the cross diminished
if we consider His omniscience,
that on the cross, He knew “It is finished!”?
Does the fact of His omnipotence,
that He could call angels to His defense,
make His suffering in our place less intense?
I think His love intensified
because He didn’t have to die
but willed Himself to be my sacrifice.
Jesus, I desire to be totally yours every day and in every way. Thank you for taking my place on the cross that I might live abundantly and eternally in your presence. Let me never take your sacrifice for granted. Live through me this day in such a way as to bring others closer to you.

No comments: