Monday, April 6, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 4

Luek 19:45-48 - Turn the Tables

LIVE IT: Cast out any false idols or empty religion in your life.

Sometimes we find ourselves going to church out of habit or feeling of obligation. Lord, help me hunger to know You, serve you wholeheartedly, and drop any religious pretense that gets in the way of a vital relationship with my Savior.

I was driving one day and passed by a U-Haul location with it's trucks neatly parked in a row. I said to myself, "There's a country song waiting to happen." When I got I home, that country song had to come out, and I wrote the following.

The U-Haul Song

I’m gonna rent me a U-Haul and fill it up

with all of the junk in my life that gets in the way.

Gonna give the keys to my heavenly Father.

Gonna wave good-by as He drives

that truckload of junk away.

‘Cause ain’t no junk gonna come

between my Lord and me.

I give my Lord permission to take it all

and set me free.

Gonna follow Him wherever He leads.

Won’t need that junk

‘cause He’ll take care of my needs.

Why don’t you rent you a U-Haul and fill it up

with all of the junk in your life that gets in the way.

Then give the keys to your heavenly Father

and wave good-by as He drives

your truckload of junk away.

Don’t let no junk come

between your Lord and you.

Give your Father permission to do what

you need Him to.

Then follow Him wherever He goes.

Won’t need that junk

because your every need He knows.

No comments: