Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Psalms 106 & 107 - His Love Endures Forever

Red roses are a symbol of love.
“Greater love has no one than this,
that he lay down his life
for his friends.”
(John 15:13)

"Praise the Lord.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord
or fully declare his praise?

Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
Let all the people say, “Amen!”

Praise the Lord."

Psalm 106:1-2, 48 (NIV)

"Give Thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
Let the redeemed of the Lord say this –
those he redeemed from the hand of the foe,
those he gathered from the lands,
from east and west, from north and south.

Whoever is wise, let him heed these things
and consider the great love of the Lord."

Psalm 107:1-3, 43 (NIV)
The psalmist recounts your mercy and love
in spite of your people’s rebellion.
Your loving-kindness didn’t depend on their faithfulness,
but solely on your own.
Today your character remains the same:
you redeemed me from the midst of my sin.
My salvation does not depend on my works, b
ut on the grace of Christ alone.
I give thanks to you, Lord, for you are good.
Your love endures forever.
I’ll live my life in praise to you,
and trust in you to bring me home.

No comments: