Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Psalm 98 - Shout for Joy!

Vivid colors are a visual shout.
In the early spring,
my flower bed bursts into
jubilant song.
My ears can’t hear it,
but my eyes delight
in the harmonies
of the variety of blooms
and foliage.





"Shoutfor joy to the Lord, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;
make music to the Lord with the harp,

with the harp and the sound of singing,
with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn –
shout for joy before the Lord, the King."

Psalm 98:4-6



We are commanded to shout for joy,
make a joyful noise to the Lord.
Bursting into jubilant song
is good behavior according to God’s word.
So, Lord, I sing and shout my praise,
accompanied by instruments, too.
Music is my favorite expression
of my praise and adoration for you!
Lord, let my proclamation be heard
as I sing of the joy that you bring.
Thank you, Father, for saving me
and giving me reasons to sing!

No comments: