Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

It's Easter Sunday, and I have a cold or something. I didn't get to go to worship services this morning; but I have been contemplating the resurrection of Christ. If Christ had not risen from the dead, we would have no hope; but since He has risen, I can be certain of my future. In John 14, Jesus tells believers that He has gone to prepare a place for us. When a Jewish man became betrothed, he began preparing a place for his bride in his father's house. Then he had to wait for his father to give the okay before going to claim his bride and bring her to her new home. Jesus is preparing a place for His bride, the church. When God the Father gives the word, Christ will return to take us to His Father's house. What a glorious day that will be!

When I was in high school, I took a few years of Spanish. My teacher challenged me to write poetry in Spanish as well as English. Spanish speaking readers, please forgive me if the following is not perfect grammar in Spanish. I wrote it when I was 16, but it still expresses my heart.


Tengo una esperanza
por cosas que viene
un día en el futuro
cuando Cristo volverá.

Y tengo un gran fe
que Dios hoy día existe
porque está viviendo
Jesús en mi corazón.

Y tengo un amor
porque conozco a Cristo,
un amor por todo el mundo,
un amor por ti también.


TRANSLATION:

I have a hope
for things that come
one day in the future
when Christ will return.

And I have a great faith
that God exists today
because Jesus
is living in my heart.

And I have a love
because I know Christ,
a love for all the World,
a love for you also.


No comments: