Monday, April 13, 2009

Psalm 97 - Light is Shed on the Righteous

Now that I've finished the 40 days of preparation for Good Friday and Easter, I'm back to my study of Psalms and photographs of Beauty in My Own Backyard. This picture was taken a couple of years ago, but was in my backyard.
This much snow is rare in my part of Texas. God used these early hyacinths peeking up through the blanket of white to remind me of his ability to brighten up even the dreariest times of my life. Spring flowers in the snow are like joy in the midst of sorrow.

"Let those who love the Lord hate evil,
for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
Light is shed upon the righteous
and joy on the upright in heart.
Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name."

Psalm 97:10-12 (NIV)

You deliver me from the wicked. You guard my life: in you I trust.
I will hate evil and turn from wickedness. If I love you, Lord, this is a must.
You shed your light upon me, for I’m covered in the righteousness of Christ.
You illuminate the path, making your way clear to me as I seek your light.
You bring the brightness of joy even in the midst of what seem to be dark days.
I will rejoice in you, my Lord, and seek to bring you glory and praise.

No comments: