Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Psalm 99 - The Lord Reigns


The top branches of one of our oak trees were wrenched off during a storm. My neighbor helped me move them up onto the yard since they were blocking my driveway. By the grace of God they stopped within two feet of my mother’s bedroom window! According to Jeremiah 10:13 God controls the wind and all its awesome power.

"The Lord reigns,
let the nations tremble;
he sits enthroned between the cherubim,
let the earth shake.
Great is the Lord in Zion;
he is exalted over all the nations.
Let them praise
your great and awesome name –
he is holy."

Psalm 99:1-3 (NIV)
I tremble at your power, Lord,
but I also trust.
Knowing that you reign supreme
makes dependence a must.
Insurance companies call “acts of God”
earthquakes, tornadoes, floods.
Yet we’re discouraged from acknowledging
your most important act, your blood
that you shed willingly on the cross,
to bring salvation to sinful men.
I pray our country will have revival
and turn to you once again.
Our nation needs to tremble,
to quake with violent fear;
for many refuse to turn to you,
to acknowledge you are here.
You are exalted above the nations,
to you we lift our praise,
and pray that you will heal our land
and bring others to your ways.

No comments: