Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Psalm 108 - Awaken the Dawn

Ray clouds always remind me of the glory of God. When I saw this view over the tops of my neighbors’ trees, I just had to run into the house for the camera. When I can’t get out and about to see God’s beauty in nature, he graciously brings it to me.






"My heart is steadfast, O God;
I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let your glory be over all the earth."

Psalm 108:1-5 (NIV)


Because of your faithfulness, my heart is steadfast.
Standing firm in my faith, I will not be moved.
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies, O Lord,
Your love for me has often been proved.
Therefore my songs will awaken the dawn.
I will begin each morning with praise.
You will be exalted above the heavens,
My Lord who died for me and was raised.

No comments: