Thursday, April 16, 2009

Psalm 101 - A Blameless Heart

Snow is often used to symbolize purity and innocence.
I love the way my garden looks when draped in snow.
This snow was especially pretty because the hyacinths were already up,
and the pansies were still blooming.

"I will sing of your love and justice;
to you, O Lord, I will sing praise.
I will be careful to lead a blameless life – when will you come to me?

I will walk in my house
with blameless heart.
I will set before my eyes
no vile thing.

The deeds of faithless men I hate;
they will not cling to me.
Men of perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will have nothing to do with evil."

Psalm 101:1-4


The true measure of character is how you behave
when no one else can see.
Do I walk in my house with blameless heart,
when no one’s watching me?
Lord, help me to be careful
to live in truth and integrity.
Help me to interact with others
with grace and sincerity.
Help me to guard my eyes
from anything profane or vile.
Help me to flee from perversity
and keep my eyes on you all the while.
I will sing of your love and justice,
and thank you for your grace.
To you, O Lord, who chose to save me,
I will always sing your praise.

No comments: