Friday, April 17, 2009

These flowers are like the Lord’s blessings:
too many to count! They seem to shout a chorus of “Praise the Lord!” as they fill my flower bed with passionate pink.

"Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits –
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed
like the eagle’s."

Psalm 103:1-5

From deep within, I praise you, Lord: I praise your holy name.
Because of all your benefits,
I’ll never be the same.
My sins you have forgiven: you redeemed me from many pits.
These are just the beginning of your precious benefits.
Often times you’ve healed me or given me grace in my pain,
But most importantly you have blotted out my sin’s guilty stain.
You crown me with love and compassion, I’m completely filled with good things.
You renew my strength and empower me to mount up with eagle’s wings.
My soul will magnify you, Lord, and forever I’ll sing your praise.
Praise the Lord, O my soul. Praise him all of my days.

No comments: