Wednesday, April 1, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 9

Luke 18:35-43 - Be Healed

LIVE IT: Trust God for healing today - physical, emotional or spiritual.


While Dad was in the hospital following a major heart attack, God enabled my mother and me to encourage and witness to many people who came through the ICU waiting room. One mother even asked me to go into her daughter’s ICU room and pray over her, a request I’d never had before. I did pray for the young woman, as did several of my friends; and although the doctors said she had less than a 5% chance of surviving a severe illness stemming from a fungus in her lungs, she completely recovered and was able to go home for weekend visits within 5 weeks. God answers prayer! Daddy also survived triple bypass surgery a few days later even though the doctors thought his heart was too damaged to make it. Then he went on to live a fairly active life until cancer took him home on January 28, 2001 at the age of 75.

Trust Him
Karen Sue Hale
January 9, 1988

I serve a great and mighty God.
He knows my hurts and needs.
He places me in places
where He knows I need to be.
He works the worst of circumstances
to glorify His name.
He allows my life to touch others
so they’ll never be the same.
It’s not always easy to trust Him
when it seems the picture’s dim.
I must constantly remind myself
things are focused well for Him.
He sees the total picture
as clearly as can be.
All I can do is trust Him
through dark times when I can’t see.

No comments: