Friday, April 3, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 7

Luke 19:11-27 - Leave Your Comfort Zone

LIVE IT: Follow Jesus into a day that is not safe or comfortable.

Two men in the parable risked losing the master's money in order to gain more for him. One hid the coin he was given for fear of reprisal if he lost he one coin. The master rewarded the servants who used what they had to the best of their abilities. He punished the one who sat on the money and did nothing. God has given all of us in America many blessings...not only monetary wealth compared with other nations, but also freedom to live for Him boldly. Much too often we sit on what God has given us, take it for granted, and don't use it to the fullest each day. We fear what people think or the loss of social or financial standing if we follow Christ to the fullest measure. Will our careful Christianity receive a "well done, good and faithful servant"?
I think not.

Father, move me out of my safety,
away from my comfort zone.
Help me use all that I have,
my talents allow you to own.
Use my writing as you will.
Help me to risk my feelings
by submitting my work to publishers
that others might find healing.
Lord, help me to speak more boldly,
sharing You with the lost.
Remove all fear of rejection,
all worry about the cost.
May my reputation not matter.
May all be done to glorify You.
Let me know You more deeply
and to Your calling be true.

No comments: