Monday, April 20, 2009

The sky was actually this color when I photographed the rainbow
over the crape myrtle in my front yard.
The rainbow is a symbol of God’s covenant with Noah,
and a reminder of His awesome act
of covering the entire earth with flood waters.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name;
make known among the nations
what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.
Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced."

Psalm 105:1-5


When I remember the wonders I read in your word
and those you have done in my own life as well,
how can I keep from praising your name?
When I meditate on your mighty acts, I must tell
everyone I know that you are awesome God!

My heart rejoices as I seek your face.
On your strength I know I can rely.
Help me to make known all you have done.
When people ask about my joy, may I reply
by recounting the wonders of my marvelous Lord!

No comments: