Saturday, April 18, 2009

Psalm 104 - Meditating Minstrel

Sometimes when I meditate upon the scripture, my thoughts are like the colors of this rose – mingled. I struggle at times for a clear focus; but as I pray, God puts it all together for me and helps me understand.



"I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
May my meditation be pleasing to him,
as I rejoice in the Lord.
But may sinners vanish from the earth
and the wicked be no more.

Praise the Lord, O my soul.

Praise the Lord."

Psalm 104:33-35


Father, focus my meditation on you
and give me understanding from your word.
Let my songs continually praise you
and draw others to you as Lord.
I rejoice that you desire
to have communication with me.
Praise the Lord, O my soul.
God, help me to clearly see
your glory that endures forever,
the many works of your hands.
You are creator, sustainer of all the earth,
and my Father who understands.

No comments: