Thursday, April 2, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 8

Luke 19:1-10 Eat with Sinners

LIVE IT: Intentionally enter the world of someone who is not in Christ.

This one may take me a couple of days to do unless I do it via email or facebook. On Sundays I go to the grocery store. Most of my sack boys are Christians but occasionally I get to interact with a muslim young man who carries out my groceries. Last week I mentioned to him that I was going to a 5th Sunday sing that afternoon, and he shared with me that his mosque does that too! I didn't even realize they sang at mosque. He asked me how many hours I spent at church Sunday morning, so I told him a little bit about Sunday school and worship service. Perhaps this week I can try to check out where he's sacking and share more of Jesus with him.

Christ commands us to be His witnesses both at home and abroad. Much of the time I expect Jesus to bring the lost person to me when He has clearly told us to go out into the world and seek out those who need to hear about salvation. Although my going out is clearly limited right now, I can still watch for opportunities to share Christ at the store, the beauty shop, the bank or in line at the post office. Even though I might not have the freedom to invite them to my mother's home, I can invite them to this blog or to email me in order to share more of Jesus with them than our brief face to face encounters allow.

Lord, you came to this earth to serve,
to seek and to save the lost.
Help me to pour my life into others
no matter what the cost.
Open my eyes to see those in need
at the bank or the grocery store.
Help me to do more than smile and nod.
Open my mouth to share more.
When strangers share their pressing needs
as they often seem to do,
help me to say more than "I will pray."
Enable me to point them to you.

No comments: